Info for Our Patients about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As a valued patient, we remain incredibly grateful for the trust you place in us to care for you and your family. This is why it is important for us to share the steps we are taking to help protect the health and well-being of all our patients and team members in regards to the risk posed by COVID 19.
As a health care provider, our clinics and equipment are cleaned both between patients and on a daily basis. However, during this current health situation, we wanted to share with you what additional steps we will be taking to help ensure both our patients and staff stay healthy and to decrease the spread of COVID 19.
- We have increased the number of times during the day the whole clinic is cleaned. We will spray our lobbies and treatment areas with industrial-grade Arisol every 15 min.
- We will make sure our staff has the mandated cleaning supplies to spray before and after each treatment and ensure we keep distance between patients while in treatment.
- Every provider/tech/aide will have on their person a bottle of industrial-grade disinfectant to wipe down tables/chairs/treatment areas as needed or requested.
- We will also be wiping doorknobs, windows, surfaces, and all high traffic patient areas while entering or exiting the building.
- We will utilize a “checklist” questionnaire conducted via phone and in-person by all our reception (front office) staff to determine the patient’s eligibility to receive treatment safely.
- We will ask that ONLY our patients come into appointments. No one else will be allowed in treatment areas. Family/providers will be encouraged to wait in vehicles or outside.
- We will have a “SANITATION” station in our clinics for patients upon entering into treatment areas to use before and after they leave.
- All staff will wash their hands before and after each patient interaction.
- We will provide patients with a HOME EXERCISE PROGRAM via email if they are unable to come in for therapy.
- Any staff member who is displaying any symptoms of any illness will not come to work. If the symptoms start while they are at work, they will be sent home.
- We ask all patients to wash their hands before and after their appointments, at home
- We ask all patients to stay home if they are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of any illness.
- We will be waiving any cancellation fees during this time.
It is both an honor and privilege to care for you, our patients/our XO family. We hope these steps will help you feel much safer and optimistic and help our community. We want you to know that we will be here to provide you with a high level of care you deserve and have come to expect from us.
Javier O. Leal PT, CEO
With coronavirus (COVID-19), the safety of XO Physical Therapy patients and visitors remains our top priority. XO Physical Therapy is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. These symptoms can range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of breath
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Public health officials recommend the following steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces